NEW YORK – October 10th, 2011 – Kerberos Studios and Paradox Interactive will unravel more mysteries of the universe for Sword of the Stars II: The Lords of Winter, sequel to Kerberos' hit 4X science fiction strategy game. But only for a selected few brave ones.
Closed Beta for Sword of the Stars II
A few chosen ones will get the chance to explore the dark space!
Today Kerberos and Paradox announced details on how to sign up for the limited closed beta. Only a few spots will be available and this will be your only chance.
Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter offers an evolved version of the original six races from Sword of the Stars and its expansions. The game will reveal the deep, dark secret of the Suul’ka. Boasting an all new graphics engine and incorporating new ship details that allow for new fleet strategies and tactics, Sword of the Stars II is poised to revive the 4X space genre and is scheduled for release on October 28th, 2011.
Sign up for the Sword of the Stars II Closed Beta now at:
Applicants can request beta access until midday October 12th, 2011. All applicants must be running Windows 7 and at least DirectX 10. Any other system specs you wish to include in your application will be welcome so we can get an idea of the test machines that will be participating.
If you are selected for a place in the Closed Beta, you will receive a confirmation by the 13th of October.
Click here to view Sword of the Stars II E3 trailer:
Click here to view Sword of the Stars Developer Interview:
- Lead one of six playable factions, including a mysterious new race with an influence that was felt throughout SotS I, as you strive for galactic dominance
- Discover highly detailed star systems featuring planetary orbits, moons, asteroid belts and different space terrain
- Experience 4X space strategy in stunning new ways with the powerful MARS 2 graphics engine
- Design and build your own ships - including the formidable new Leviathan class - with new levels of detail, including specific sub systems, allowing for more fleet strategies and tactics
- Research advanced technology, from the Fusion era to the Anti-Matter era, and beyond…
- Engage in fierce multiplayer battles with up to 8 players
For more information on Sword of the Stars II, please visit: